Sunday 12 July 2009

Yesterday was badge day for our Oz, he received his starfish number three! What a clever little swimmer. He had to do all sorts of exciting activities, such as sploshing into the water whilst singing three little ducks, going underwater, and doing lots of splashing and singing.
Very demanding stuff indeed!

Whilst at swimming, which takes place in a very nice house in Worthing, I picked up a leaflet for the open houses. I must confess I didn't even know Worthing took part in this, and having missed all the Brighton houses this year and only making it to one in Shoreham, I was very pleased. Also there are quite a few textile designers to visit, so I was even more pleased. Well then, that's next weekend sorted!!


When we woke this morning the weather was wet and grey, but come 8 o'clock the sun started shining so Oscar and I popped out for a stroll. It was so quiet everywhere, and I love it when its like that. There were a few kite surfers, a man and his dog, and a man who looked like he was walking on water. I tried to get him in the picture but didn't capture that well at all!
Well that's what it looked like but I do keep seeing this, and it always makes me laugh. I can't see what they are standing on but they have a big paddle with them. The other day on the way to Worthing there were about ten people walking on water!!




Oscar fell asleep on our walk, which is always nice as then we don't have that fighting the sleep thing. So when we got home, after quietly creeping in, I took some pictures of my latest purchases. Car Boot ones of course!
When I saw this tin bath I had to get it as ever since watching 'Kirstie's Homemade Home' on channel 4, I have been on the look out. I loved that programme, but Kirstie had a tin bath and planted a mini herb garden in it. I thought what a superb idea, so that is now my next project.
I also found these delightful cups at the Car Boot sale. As the little man was still sleeping, I made a cuppa in one and found my latest untouched magazine. One comfy chair later and that was me in the land of bliss for the next half an hour!

3 comments:

  1. What great finds you have had and I love the chair below. Such a comfy shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, you have a lovely little blog, just found you on my followers!
    Looking forward to reading more! Have a lovely week!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it's me again, sorry I meant to say I found you from a link from one of my follewers! Bet you are thinking 'who is this mad woman?'
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Oscar by the seaside.

Oscar by the seaside.